Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

We are getting an E64 error code on our frigidaire affinity

We are getting an E64 error code on our frigidaire affinity dryer after the it is running for 7 minutes or so. I changed the high limit thermostat but the problem remained the same. I can get a replacement heater for another $100 but am concerned that that is not the cause either. Are the heater elements a 'go' or 'no go' situation or can they partially work?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a few minutes to look up the details on this model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX a couple of minutes, I will post back in a few minutes.
Ok Tom thanks for that, The error as you likely know means the heating system is open circuit, This basically means the heater or the thermal fuse is bad, Now having said that if you are getting heat for 7 minutes before the code comes up this tells you the heating circuit is fine and your real problem is going to be with the power relay on the control board, It's likely with the amps it draws it is heating up then failing.

To fix this problem the control board would need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is your level of confidence that this would resolve the problem? Also, if you are confident that this would resolve it, is it something that I could likely change myself with a reasonable skill level?

Well the fact the unit does heat before shutting down gives me about as much confidence as it can without me being there with my multi meter to test everything before ordering the part. So I am pretty sure from what you have told me.

It's a pretty easy process, You would need to take the top panel off then the front control panel (a few screws) then swap wires from old to new control.

If you would like to feel completely confident I would purchase the control from a supplier that have a 100 percent return policy, I can supply you with a link of a company that will take the part back even after it's been installed.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Mike.

I don't see the model you supplied on that list, can you click on the tech data sheet for your model and give me the link just in case i am missing it.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The dryer model is LAQE8000LW. Is that what you are asking?

Ok thanks Tom, The link below is a company that will allow you to return the part 365 days after you purchase it even if it has been installed, They don't have it in stock and state that the delivery date would be around 10 days, They generally ship allot sooner then this.

Click here to order the part

This one is actually right under the top panel so will be fairly easy to replace.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alright, thank you very much for your help.

Your very welcome Tom.

Thanks!

Mike.