Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

After self cleaning the oven, the door is locked and the code

After self cleaning the oven, the door is locked and the code F9 appears on the control panel. I have unplugged the oven, reset the breaker switch but it still defaults to F9. Is there a way to manually reset the control box and release the lock on the door ?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Hi can you give me a minute to look that model number up please.
Ok Craig, the meaning of the error code and the corrective actions are listed below.

F9 Motorized door Check latch

Basically what it means is the switch or motor on the latch has failed, On this particular model there is no reset, You will need to use a wire coat hangar to force the lock and open the door, once open you can then pull the lock assembly from the front to test the switch and motor with a ohm meter.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.