John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My whirlpool dryer (model number GEW9250PW0 will not run a

My whirlpool dryer (model number GEW9250PW0 will not run a cycle. It will turn on and allow me to choose my cycle (bulky items) but then when I push start it comes up as 'sensing'. It will not engage. Anything I can do to reset my dryer or correct this without needing a service call?
Hi I,m John I will help you with the dryer not starting .
Before this happened was it taking longer to dry a load of clothes .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I had actually just finished a 15 minute quick dry (timed) for some sheets. My daughter put the next load into the dryer and this is what we got.
Was the lint filter dirty .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. It's cleaned after every load.

When you push the start button can you hear a slight noise from the timer .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, a very quick beep.

Does the drum light come on when you open the dryer door .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not sure what the drum light is exactly but there is no light that comes on when I open the door.

If no drum light the problem could be the door switch,open this link for the lid switch and instructions on how to replace the switch.Let me know how you make out please .

http://www.partselect.ca/Models/GEW9250PW0/Parts/PS394207-Whirlpool-8283288-Door-Switch-with-Wire.htm?SourceCode=20&SearchTerm=GEW92 50PW0&fSearchTerm=CABINET-PARTS&ModelID=614031&ModelNum=GEW9250PW0&mfgModelNum=&ManufactureID=3&Selected=D37OHPSQ&Position=2&mfg=Whirlpool&Type=&Mark=2#Instructions
I found a better video to help you with the thermal fuse replacement , let me know if this helps please .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1obHbwPfw9s