Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a double bosch oven the top one works fine the bottom

I have a double bosch oven the top one works fine the bottom won't heat. The light and fan work. How do I fix this
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. do you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My husband can do that but he will have to get his tools, don't know how long you can hold on. Where does he find the wires to check

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
where are the elements in the bosch oven to check for continuity. Both the broiler and the baking elements aren't heating. 2 repair men on the phone asked if this occurred after cleaning, do you know what was he referring to as the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hubby has volt meter which where are the elements he should check

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I had a computer lockup. theres a high limit thermostat located either on the back of the oven or in between the two ovens that you need to check for continuity. shut the breaker off and locate the thermostat. remove one wire and check for continuity. . it should have continuity.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can you describe what the termostat looks like

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

heres a picture. High Limit Thermostat 00420235 Main Product Viewits usually mounted on the back or roof of the oven. I found the diagrams. heres a link. look at 04 diagram. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/parts-for-bosch-hbn655.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes there is continuity at the thermostat with the one wire off

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay that's good then. when was the last time you actually did self clean ? and did the oven work after that or not ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am going to assume it hasn't worked since cleaning because its pretty clean right now. I don't use the bottom one too often so it could have been last thanksgiving since it was used

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay check the door lock assembly. if you did self clean this a while back the switch may have failed. Switch 00600145 Main Product View check that for continuity in and out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there dosen't appear to be continuity

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are there two of those stacked?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay no continuity in the switch? I'm not sure if there two stacked. the diagrams are hard to see.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no continuity in either of those door lock assemblies

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
on the top or the bottom locks ? but the top works correct ? hmmm. strange
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The top oven works and I self cleaned it 2 days ago. There were 2 for the bottom oven that had no continuity.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay that's the issue, getting the switches is the hard part though, they say unavailable. the part number is 00600145 maybe if you called Bosh again they can tell you where to get them or may have them. sorry for the bad news, good job though. I wish I could do more. those switches send the power through to the elements when this isn't in self clean.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.