Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool Range SF315PEGQ5. I am moving and need to

I have a Whirlpool Range SF315PEGQ5. I am moving and need to change this to work on Liquid Propane. Can you explain what parts I might need, and the best procedure to follow. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you will need to order a conversion kit to convert the oven.

CLICK HERE for conversion kit

Now as for how to replace the conversion kit, you need to remove all the burner caps and look down the center hole of each burner base. There is a bass nozzle called an orifice down inside each hole and this kit will come with 4 new orifices that you need to replace. In addition to taht you must convert the bake and broil burner. You'll need to remove the drawer below the oven and locate the brass orifice that feeds the bake element with gas toward the back wall on top of the oven gas safety valve. You need to tighten this orifice down as far as you can to convert it to propane. You will need to do the same thing to the broil orifice and to access that orifice you must pull the oven out and remove the back panel.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What about the pressure valve? on an older stove, some years age, I had to remove a cap and turn it over and re install.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is correct as well. You will need to remove the cap on the regulator, flip the pin inside over, and then tighten down the cap again as well.