Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

stackable washer dryer model#417.97912704 how to replace dogs

stackable washer dryer model#417.97912704 how to replace dogs in agitator
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There are no dogs in this agitator unfortunately. Only whirlpool has dogs inside their agitator and this particular Kenmore unit was made by Frigidaire. On this particular model, if the agitator isn't moving then it means you either need a new transmission or the agitator is tripped out and you need a new agitator. To see if the agitator is stripped out, you need to pull the top cap of the agitator up and off. That will expose a plastic cap down inside the agitator. Pull this cap out with pliers and that will expose a bolt down the center of the agitator. Remove the bolt and then if you pull really hard the agitator will pull up and off. From there you can run a cycle to see if the shaft is moving back and forth like it should when it's washing. If it's not, then you need a transmission. If it does move normally, then replace the agitator because it's stripped out.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!