Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Maytag neptune: water comes in and water goes out no problem.

Maytag neptune: water comes in and water goes out no problem. tub turns but the belt is riding in against the tub.
and machine will not finish the cycle
Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. good morning, dos the tub seem loose ? reach inside and move the drum from side to side and up and down. does it seem like its loose ? sloppy ? moves a lot ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it does move some

so if the pulley on the back Pulley 22002315        Main Product Viewand the motor don't line up then the drum bearing assembly is bad which make the pulley out of line. when you spin the tub by hand does it make any noise ? maybe a grinding or rattling noise ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not with the belt off but with it on the belt rides the drum and makes noise

Okay I see, Well unfortunately the drum bearing is bad and on this machine its a big deal because they don't sell the bearing separately from the rear tub assembly, (its pressed in) Outer Tub 22004465        Main Product View replacing the rear tub assembly is a huge job and very expensive, the drum alone without shipping is $592.50, I hate giving people this news because I realize that your here to solve your issue but its so expensive its not worth repairing unfortunately. you may at this point want to consider a new machine rather than repair this one. if you wish I will get you a link to the part however. please let me know which way you would like to go. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay thanks

No problem. I'm sorry that's the case on your machine. I wish you the best , thanks and have a great day. Please remember to rate my service 3 or above before you sign off, If you need more info, please ask me - I'll be happy to reply. You can always ask follow-up questions until you have the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you! Bryan