Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

i have a ge speedcook model#sca1001hssoo1. When i close the

i have a ge speedcook model#sca1001hssoo1. When i close the door the oven starts to heat up on its own . not sure whats wrong
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Are you sure that the microwave is heating up on it's own? Or does it just look like it's running? Can you put a cup of water inside to see if for certain it's heating?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its not the microwave that is heating its the oven . i can see the element in the bottom getting hot

OK so that's definitely a problem. If the element is heating, the only thing that would cause this problem is if the control board was sending 240 volts to the element and that should never happen without the control board being set to do so. The door completes the circuit when it's shut so this means that the relay on your oven relay control board has a stuck relay sending power all the time. The relay board would need to be replaced to fix the issue.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok so is that a difficult fix ? thanks for the help.

Not a problem. Its definitely not an easy repair unfortunately. The microwave oven relay board is part number WB27X10777 and costs about $70, but you would likely need to uninstall the entire micro wave and remove the entire outer shell in order to access and replace this board mounted behind the control panel area to the left side wall. You can try to remove the vent above the door and then remove the control panel if you wanted to remove the board through a very tight access point which would make it very difficult.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay that was the answer i thought i would get lol, thanks for the help it is greatly appreciated . ill c how i make out. if u need me to rate ur service just respond with ok and ill rate it for you. again thanks for the help

OK, well I wish you the best on this job and if you need anything else, just let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello just a follow up. I installed the relay board in my speed cook part # wb27x10777. Everthing was good for 2 days . Yesterday the same thing happened . I used the microwave and a little while later i went to use it again opened the door and it was hot inside. , It looks light the light in the bottom is on its a fluorescent looking tube, Now the problem is intermittent. If i unplug it , its fine till i use it again ,, Help i realy dont want to get rid of this appliance

You would just need to warranty out the relay board because it sounds like it came faulty. If that doesn't solve the issue, you could have another control board causing this board to act up, but there is really no way to test which board is causing the problem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks ill take it from there...

Alright good luck to you again. I'm sorry about the issues you're having however.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tthanks maybe ill change the main board c what happens

OK sounds good.