Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a GE side by side model GS25SGMDBS. Today the water

I have a GE side by side model GS25SGMDBS. Today the water and ice dispenser began dispensing by itself. The only way to make it stop is by using the LOCK feature. Even then, the Lock feature beeps intermittently.
Is the control/display board the issue or is the problem elsewhere?
Was anybody using it when it started doing this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No one was using the refrigerator. We were both upstairs when the ice and water dispenser began shooting water and ice onto the floor.

You will need to replace the user interface on the front of the dispenser, you can click on the blue link below to order it...

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory