Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Tappan washing machine model 46-2551. I have a hot

I have a Tappan washing machine model 46-2551. I have a hot water and cold water hose connection to the machine. The hot runs very slow into the machine. How can this be corrected?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you have really good hot water pressure to the washer, the only things you can really do are to turn the water off to the washer and disconnect the fill hose from the back of the washer. Look at the screens inside the receptacles of the electronic water valve (the part that the fill hose connects to on the back of the washer) and see if the screens are clogged. If so, use a spray bottle and Q-tip to clean out the screens as best as you can. If the problem persists the electronic water valve would need to be replaced. I'm not pulling up that exact model you have listed, so you'd want to call a parts store like to have the look up the valve part number if you needed it.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!