Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Locked by Customer Service

Dryer makes very loud vibration noise which i have traced to the water inlet connection vibrating against something inside. Can stop vibration by holding it and can stop for short term but all efforts to tie down have failed after a few loads.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me the model number from the sticker inside the door please.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Mod. WED94HEXW0

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Can you give me a minute to look that model number up please Dave
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Dave, The problem here is the solenoid on top of the water valve is causing the noise and vibration, it's basically going to fail completely soon. You would need to replace this valve, to do this pull the unit out from the wall, Take the screws out along the rear lip and take the top off the machine, you should now hove access to the valve in order to replace it.
I have checked the part on several sites, no one has it in stock, I have included a link where you will have the best chance of getting the part faster.

To order your replacement part>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

I would like to earn your highest rating Dave, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

That does not seem logical to me as I can just put my hand on the water connection hose or the connection nut itself and the vibration and noise stop. Also the noise is not the same through a load and we are not using the steamer feature.

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Ok the valve will be your problem Dave.

Thanks
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.