Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience

amana refrigerator model scd23vw doesnt work no fans, no compressor,

amana refrigerator model scd23vw doesn't work no fans, no compressor, not lights. there is power to the refrigerator. any suggestions?

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, etc.

If you have a volt meter, do a continuity test on the power cord. Unplug it from wall, now test from plug to other end of cord for each wire to ensure the power cord if good. Please let me know what you find....Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

One side of the power cord has an open!! Ground is good and one wire of the cord is good. Power cord shows no kinks or any damage but one of the wires is open. I will put a new power cord on. I wouldn't have guess it!!

I shows that the cord is no longer available, but you can splice new one together with some electrical connectors to make it safe. If my response was of assistance to you, please give me a positive rating for doing so. I thank you.