Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

Kenmore gas dryer QE3. 110.92822100. Drum starts and gas

Kenmore gas dryer QE3. 110.92822100. Drum starts and gas ignites and runs for a few minutes the gas shuts off. If I restart igniter glowers but may not ignite. Sometimes the coils buzz when attempting to ignite. I live in a rural area and need to replace parts. What do I replace?
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today....Sorry you are having this problem..First remove the dryer vent completely from the dryer..Only run it this way for a short period of time as it is a gas dryer...Coils buzzing maybe a faulty gas valve..Only way to tell is to replace the coils them selves...Which is a common problem on this unit..CLICK HERE FOR COILS

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Could this be a thermistor or other problem? Should I replace both coils?
Not likely ..If you can hear the coils buzzing then there is power getting to to solenoids..Yes replace both...Like i said first run the dryer with the vent disconnected see if there is any change .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The coils only buzz sometimes for 30 seconds or so after attempting to restart and reignite. When the dryer has been off for a while it will run and heat up to 5-10 minutes
Correct..This means either the gas valve is faulty or the coils are to weak to hold the gas valve open....Replace the coils first. as this is the most common problem