Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

i have a samsung dv206ags gas dryer and it seems as though

i have a samsung dv206ags gas dryer and it seems as though everything works but there is no heat. i have removed the front panel and see that the ignitor is glowing and both the holding valve and secondary valve solenoids sound like they are opening but no gas. there is gas up to regulator but thats it. the service manual i paid 20 bucks for is useless as its vary vague and it doesnt match up exactly with what i have.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the igniter is glowing, then your thermostats are all working. Unfortunately that means you're down to either the gas valve (the 2 solenoids you're talking about) or the fact that the dryer isn't getting gas from your house. Make sure you're dryer is getting gas from your house and if so, then you need to replace the coils. Now there is no way to test and see if the coils are bad or the entire valve and you just have a stuck piston, but the coils are cheaper than the valve so I would probably replace the coils first and if the problem persists, replace the entire valve. Below is a link to the coils for your dryer.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Gas-Valve-Solenoid/279834/3479?RCAID=1000057

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i know i have gas supply to the valve, i cracked the fitting loose and smelled gas imediatly. should i just by the valve also just in case or is it likely not bad?

It's likely not bad. Often times the valve doesn't go bad. If you wanted to buy the valve, I would order it from Repairclinic.com because they are one of the few places that allow you to return parts if you end up not needing them.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok great man! thanks for your help, that was very helpful!

Not a problem at all. I wish you only the best.