Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Just installed a Used Bosch dishwasher. It had been sitting

Just installed a Used Bosch dishwasher. It had been sitting for a few months. When I turn it on, the pump runs but no water. The supply line is fine. Help!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you start a cycle and wait 2 minutes. Then open the door and fill the tub manually with enough water to cover the floor. Shut the door and continue the cycle. Wait 3 minutes more and open the door---did all the water drain out or is it washing with the water?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Was a step ahead and started that. It's washing
OK so that's good, it means it's not stuck in flood mode which means that the dishwasher float switch isn't stuck in the up position from moving. Unfortunately that means that your electronic water valve is just bad if you're sure the dishwasher is getting water from your house. You can order a new valve at Repairclinic.com for about $40 normally if you have the model number located on a sticker on the right side of the door. This valve is the part that your water supply hose from your house connects to.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!