Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My storage drawer is jammed on my Gallery Gas Range. It only

My storage drawer is jammed on my Gallery Gas Range. It only has one inch of play - I can't reach inside to unjam it.
Is there any way to remove the door of the drawer?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

You can not remove the drawer of the drawer unfortunately. The only options you have to getting the drawer open if you over stack the drawer is to come in through the back with a stick and try to push down or move the stuff inside the drawer around so that you can open the drawer. Other than that, you'd need to disconnect the gas line and unplug the range, then tip the range on it's side or back in order to move the pans around inside the drawer and hope this moves the stuff around enough until it opens. I've had to try various times with moving the oven around going in from the back so on and so forth until I finally get the drawer open in some cases, but these are really the only methods to fixing the jam.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried to come in from the back, but there doesn't seem to be an opening. Do I need to remove a panel?

There are no panels to remove really. You can remove a side panel with a lot of effort on some models, but it requires removing the screws coming in from the back, the bottom the front and the top below the cooktop in order to get the side panel off which means the entire cooktop would need to be removed in order to release one of the side panels---and that is only an option on some models. Other models the side panel doesn't come off.