John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I am contemplating replacing my old maytag SG1000 which is

I am contemplating replacing my old maytag SG1000 which is leaking with a used LSG7804AAE, Serial # XXXXX What should I look for to be sure I am not getting a lemon. It is clean and being sold by a local used appliance store in my neighborhood.
Thank you.
Hi I,m John I will help you with your question .
They are both the same style of unit , can you tip the washer back and look under the washer for signs of oil leak ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can when I go back to the store. What about the electronic (?) controls - actually buttons and knobs.

Do you have any idea what the failure rate is on these? The style is exactly what I need for my space with both electric and gas connections.

As far as the electronics you should has the store to plug it in and go through a load with clothes in the tub and listen to the sound of the washer , if you cant hear any strange noises the washer is ok.
If the electronics work through the cycles its ok, then tip the washer over and look for oil stains on the inside of the cabinet, if no oil stains the seals and the transmission are ok .
They are both a good washer , hope you got a good price .