Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kitchen Aid refrigerator - KBF S2OE TSS01/ SN KW1705086.

I have a Kitchen Aid refrigerator - KBF S2OE TSS01/ SN KW1705086. (2008) It has French doors with the water dispenser INSIDE the refrigerator. It dispenses the water VERY slowly. This is a recent development. We have checked the pressure of the incoming water and it is good. There is no kink in the supply hose and I replaced the filter when this started happening.
Would appreciate your input for some output!!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you remove the filter completely, will the water dispense at all and if so does it come out slowly still?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No the water does not come at all when I remove the filter
OK so the next thing you need to check is to make sure you have good water pressure coming to the refrigerator from your house. If so, then your filter housing where you install your filter into has failed and would need to be replaced. The filter has an actuator inside it that shuts the water flow off when you remove the filter and opens up when you install the filter. If your filter is installed properly, then it's just not opening the diverter flap inside the filter housing to allow water through at a good rate. You don't have a frozen line because when water lines freeze on refrigerator, it completely cuts off all water flow. That means you either have a filter housing that's going bad or bad water pressure from the house.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pressure from the house to the refrigerator is very good and the fridge has worked very well in the past so it must be the diverted flap that is not opening properly. How difficult would that be to replace?
It's definitely not the easiest part to replace. You will need to remove the cover over the filter housing and the filter itself. The water lines run through the back wall so you'll need to pull the refrigerator forward and disconnect the water lines behind the refrigerator that go up to the filter. Then the filter housing will pull forward and out through the inside of the refrigerator with the water lines so that you can replace it. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for filter receptacle

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your diagnosis. Also thank you for explaining how we need to go about replacing the diverted flap part. I think we can do it. I hope.!!
Not a problem and I wish you only the best.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We can see what we need to do to install the new part but please could you give us some guidance on how to remove the tubing with the blue mark on it. The direct water line looks simple enough. Is it just a matter of pulling off the tubing or should the valve at the bottom be removed somehow. We don't want to break it!
You don't need to remove the valve, but you need to unplug the refrigerator and turn the water off. Then you will be working in a very tight area, but there is a little plastic locking ring right where the water lines connect to the receptacle. You must push in on the locking ring and pull out on the water line to remove the water lines. Once the receptacle is removed, then you just push the waterlines into the new filter housing and it will seal up on it's own.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you - it worked. Now we are just going to install the new part. I'll let you know how things turn out!
OK good luck!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its DONE! You diagnosis was spot on. The dispenser dispenses water as it should and my husband and I are not getting a divorce, since your good advice diverted any problems with the repair!!! Thank you so much.
Awesome, I'm glad it's all up and running again!?!