Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Jenn Air JDS9860AAP. The oven was not heating up properly.

I have a Jenn Air JDS9860AAP. The oven was not heating up properly. Sears replaced a board that is behind the clock, but that didn't solve the problem. Now they think it is the aux relay. They had the part sent to my house and I want to try and fix this on my own. I have the back panel off and found what needs to be replaced, but I cannot figure out how to get the wires out of the old relay. Is there a trick to getting them out?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Removing the wires just requires puling on them or prying on them. There isn't really a trick to it, but the tactic I use is to put a flat head screwdriver under the wire terminal and then twist to force the wire terminal off the control board terminal. Of course, be sure to unplug the oven before servicing it.