Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

RE: our CDW938ON2OSS - no water running through; heating element,

RE: our CDW938ON2OSS - no water running through; heating element, yes - do we call a plumber or appliance specialist?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So most likely you would need to call an appliance technician, not a plumber unless for some reason you believe water is not getting to the dishwasher from your house. If you're positive that the dishwasher is definitely getting water from your house then you either have an issue with your electronic water valve underneath the washer or your float switch is stuck in the up position. Open up your door and look in the front corner of your dishwasher there is a plastic circular float device. Wiggle this up and down and make sure it's in the down position. If it's stuck in the up position it will not fill. If it still doesn't work and you looked under the dishwasher and you don't see any wires unplugged then you will need to order and replace your electronic water valve.

Now if you have a multimeter, you can do one more test to confirm the valve is bad by testing for 120 volts across the 2 wires going to the electronic water valve. If you have 120 volts and it's not filling, then your valve is definitely bad.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Tyler - will do

no problem and I wish you only the best. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!