Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Kenmore refrigerator is chirping. What does that mean?

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section

Also, can you see where the noise is coming from exactly?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
XXXXXXXXXXX
Not sure where it's coming from, just a constant chirping at times.
I'm sorry about this. Can you re-send the model with a space between each number so that I can see it?  The website is blocking the model because it looks too much like a phone number so all I can see is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
795.75549401
OK perfect. When the unit is chirping, is it a constant evenly spaced chirp? Or sporadic?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Constant even chirp
OK so that means that your fan motors aren't chirping which sometimes happens if the bearings are starting to go bad. Unfortunately the chirping would mean that your refrigerator thinks the door is left open of the refrigerator/freezer section are too warm. You'll need to catch it in the act and check the temperatures as well as see if the door ajar indicator light is on to determine if the unit thinks the door was left open or if it's too warm in one of the sections. If the temperatures check good and the doors aren't left open, then you will need to replace the control board because it's just chirping when it shouldn't be.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What is the cost for the board?
The part number is 3211JJ2001C and costs about $100 or so.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What if the chirping is sporadic. It comes and goes?
It would still be the same possibilities, the refrigerator thinks the door is open, the refrigerator or freezer is warming up, or the control board is going bad. These are the only things that would cause an evenly spaced chirping noise to warn you something is wrong.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Repairman came out yesterday and left without fixing the problem. He said can't fix anything when it's not happening. The beeping stopped yesterday and beeped all day the day before. Not sure what to do now. I don't know when it's going to,happen and it's difficult to get someone out the same day. What are your thoughts?
Yeah, he's correct that it's impossible to know what the problem is if it's not beeping when he's there to look at the unit without guessing to some extent. But probably the best option would be to schedule a call and then if the beeping stops on the day you're supposed to have service, call them up and cancel the call and tell them the issue isn't occurring at this time.