Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag Epic MFW9800TQ0 front load washer. It keeps

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Epic MFW9800TQ0 front load washer. It keeps throwing error code FH. I checked the pressure switch with a multimeter and was able to get a long beep sound so that's good. After reading your answer to someone I replaced the inlet valve. You suggested: Start by removing the washer fill hoses; both the cold and the hot water hoses. Check for proper water pressure from the house. To do so, turn the water on and put the hose inside the washer or a bucket which we have done. The water pressure is good. However, when I turn the washer on, I keep getting the FH code. What else can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This model of yours is slightly different than others. You actually have a flow meter between the dispenser and the water valve. This part isn't testible since it has a small wheel inside that moves as water flows through it and the pulses relay to the control board to tell the washer it's filling with water. If you have good water pressure coming to the washer and the valve is new, then your flow meter has failed and will need to be replaced. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for flow meter

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, thanks. I'll order that part and let you know!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and good luck. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The flow meter was the problem! Thank you very much!! I will never take my washing machine for granted again. That was a tough few days not being able to do laundry. :)

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Awesome, I'm so glad it's all up and running again!