Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a plastic tube running along the bottom of the fridge

I have a plastic tube running along the bottom of the fridge and then curving toward the water/ice filter that is not attached to anything and I see nowhere that it could attach. When I try to get water out of the side by side fridge, the water runs out of that hose on the bottom of the fridge and not out of the door spicket??

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

do you see something like this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no I do not see that

You only see one tube there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has a plastic tube running from the back to the front kind of through a trough of galvanized metal, center of the fridge, then curves toward the freezer door and was lying across the water filter handle. The tube has a coupler which connects to the plastic hose, then a splitter and nothing at the other end. No thread on the exit end and I cannot find anywhere that it could plug or attach to.

Look at the freezer door hinge, there should be a hose sticking out of it..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oh my, I have been looking at that black tube so many times and thought it had to do with the door positioning. I'm think I have it secured, however, I took all the water system apart from the back and will have to reconnect all of that and turn the water supply back on first to make sure it all works.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory