Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

samsung range model no. ftq387lwgx,while cleaning range,cleaning

samsung range model no. ftq387lwgx,while cleaning range,cleaning stopped near end of cleaning cycle and the electronic display went blank. range is receiving 240 volts.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 1 year ago.

applianceguy : Hi, so the burners work but the control is blank, is this correct?
Customer:

yes this true ,the oven is still locked and none of these controls work

applianceguy : You will need to check for 110 vac at the control. I am looking for a break down on the unit. Go to wire harness at control and look for red and black wires. Check voltage
Customer:

ok will check voltage

Customer:

the range has a printed circuit bord with touch screen comtrols,could not get a voltage reading

applianceguy : There has to be wires going to the clock that you can test for voltage, take another look
Customer:

the clock and all oven controls are digital on the circuit board

Customer:

there is no voltage at the motor that controls the oven locke

applianceguy : Yes but there has to be a power supply to the clock. A harness has to plug into it to give it power
Customer:

will check

applianceguy : I will opt out so another tech can help you, I am having internet connection problems. Sorry
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. Good evening I see the other tech has opted out, I hope I can be of assistance, Give me a few minutes to look up your model, please stand by.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay got your info, this control has a low voltage transformer which runs the clock / control. Transformer DE26-00147A Main Product View this trans former is at fault. (a very common failure) the transformer is not expensive however, about $24.00 , heres a link to order it, transformer when this transformer blows the digital display and clock go out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THANK YOU, XXXXX XXXXX SOLVES THE PRPBLEM.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
It will, this is a common failure on these, Please remember to rate my service before you sign off, If you need more info, please ask me - I'll be happy to reply. You can always ask follow-up questions until you have the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.