SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

My oven door to my DCS 48" range is out of alignemnt. Years

My oven door to my DCS 48" range is out of alignemnt. Years of use (abuse) keeps it from closing all the way. is ther an adjustment to have it close better. Ot is ther a sprong that may be weak/broken? It is level but it does not close all the way on one side.

It is about fifteen years old. I am not sure about the model number.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. There is not an adjustment for this, however the door hinges can be replaced and are not that hard on this model. Are you fairly handy with a screwdriver? I would be more than happy to get you the correct part number and a walk through on how to do it. Let m e know, Thanks, Sam

Customer:

Hello Sam,

Customer:

I would love to get my hands on new hinges. I woul be able to do this without too much problem. IS ther instructions on how to take the door off and get at them? i iwll confirm my model number when I get home before I buy the part.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Let me know the full model number when you get it and i'll post here with a link to the part and I'll type out the instructions for replacement. It's about 6 screws on most of the DCS doors. You will need a sandard phillips #2 screwdriver and also a T20 Torx bit. Not hard at all.

Customer:

ok thanks

Customer:

it will not be for a while.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

No problem. I am on and check very often so will be able to get back to you soon.

Customer:

Thanks again,

Customer:

I simply tok the door off to check it out and found and when I pu it back it was alogned. Thanks...