Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Where will I find the PART NUMBER on my 1999 / 2000 KitchenAid

Where will I find the PART NUMBER on my 1999 / 2000 KitchenAid ALL Stainless Dishwasher ? This is basically the Architect Series, but right around that SAME time they made them BOTH with a bowed handle that went roughly from side to side. MINE has the Pocket Handle style and the control buttons and LIGHTS are the full width with the controls ALL on the front. (NOT on the top edge of the door as on the one with the bowed handle.) I need to find out the model number as the COMPUTER control has freaked out. It ran 101 percent fine for the six years we had it in our custom house, but have six MORE years in Upright DRY storage we had it installed in our NEW house. Worked ALMOST-Right the first 20 or so times with ALL fine except that the Detergent door REFUSED to open on it's own. Now it won't run, Won't Clear, and 1 to 4 lights continue to flash. I have tried cutting all the power to the house.. NO reset, then I tried the On-Line FIX of 4 cycles of alternating High Temp with Cool Dry... NO reset.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the model number is XXXXX located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door (the model is not on the door itself, but rather the tub frame). The model will start with a "K" for Kitchen Aid.

As for your issue, the flashing lights usually indicate a shorted touchpad, not a bad control board, so it sounds like you actually need a new touch control panel.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK that has gotten me past the first stumbling block.. Light in that part of our kitchen is lousy and with a GRAY sticker on stainless I had completely missed it. The FULL part number isKUDC25CHSS1 ( or last might be an I rather than a one ). What is supposed to be the ReSet sequence and WHICH of the buttons should I try ?

So the reset sequence is to press SUPER SCRUB, ENERGY SAVER DRY, SUPER SCRUB, ENERGY SAVER DRY, SUPER SCRUB, ENERGY SAVER DRY. I don't think it's going to reset this issue however, most likely you're going to need to replace the touchpad which is about $250 and the part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Drat. Those are TWO DIFFERENT buttons vs. what I had been trying earlier, but NO CHANGES whatsoever. Thank you. Looks like I'll be getting a new Dishwasher as even though it only WORKED for six years paying that much to FIX a 13 year old one makes darn little sense. Thank You for the effort, Greg

Not a problem and I'm really sorry about the bad news today but I do wish you only the best. If you need anything else please just let me know.