Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

When cooking, after a boil it dont cool down to a simmer.

When cooking, after a boil it don't cool down to a simmer. continues boiling Why?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The only thing that would cause this is the burner infinite switch itself. Now one thing you need to understand is that these glass tops DO hold heat for a while. So if you have it set to high and water is boiling, it could take 2-3 minutes for the glass top to cool down enough to simmer. But if continues to boil all the time and won't stop from being on high heat, then you need to replace the burner switches again. It says you replaced "the switches" but I'm not sure what switches those are. If they were the burner switches, the only thing I can say is that they came faulty. These are the switches that the knob itself is attached to to adjust the temperature of the burner.

But again, one big downside with this glass top is that the temperature change is NOT instant. If you select high and then change it to a low simmer, it will take a few minutes for the glass top to cool down and stop boiling.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had ceramic top before. But this don't cool down it continues a rolling boil

Again, if it continues to go on a rolling boil after 3 minutes AFTER you have turn the burner to simmer, then you need to replace switches again. It's the only thing that can possibly cause the problem. Other than that, different ceramic cooktops act differently, but these Bosch units hold heat in very well that's why I know it takes 2-3 minutes to stop the pot from boiling even when you adjust the thermostat.