Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The washer is stuck on "fill"

The washer is stuck on "fill"
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you explain what you mean by "stuck on fill"? Does the washer flood the house and just keep filling if you let it run?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it doesn't keep filling. It stops, drains and then starts filling again and keeps on doing that.

interesting, ok now I understand. Do you actually hear the drain pump motor turn on when it stops filling and starts draining or do you just hear water draining out so then it fills again?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have turned the washer back on to see for sure what it was doing but now it is adjutating.......does that mean it is working??

It sounds like it might be working. I'd probably cancel the cycle and start the wash cycle again. If it acts up again you'll want to check and see if you hear the drain pump turning on. If the pump is turning on, you just have a bad control board that's getting confused and would need to be replaced. If the drain pump doesn't turn on but water drains out after filling, that means that your drain hose may be stuffed too far down the drain pipe on your house causing the water to siphon the water out.