Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Frigidaire model #ATF 7000 front loader will not spin during

Frigidaire model #ATF 7000 front loader will not spin during the final spin cycle. The motor sounds like it is running but not spinning.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Does the water drain from the machine?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Yes it does

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
Thanks Drew, does the machine agitate before it gets to the spin cycle?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

It fills, washes, drains does everything it is supposed to do, except the final spin. We tried various settings from max to slow but no final spin occurs.

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
Ok sounds to me like the problem is with the door switch, the switch has likely failed which is a very common problem with this machine, The machine thinks the door is not locked so will not go into the spin cycle.

The switch is located around the door jamb and can be accessed by taking the top panel off.

To order your replacement part>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

The machine runs through the other cycles, why doesn't the door switch affect the other cycles?

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
Because the switch is just a safety device to make sure the door is locked during the spin cycle.

The problem could also be with the motor control but the switch is a very common problem. It's worth checking the switch with a ohm meter or replacing it before spending the bug bucks on the motor control.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I have an ohm meter. I'm I looking for any particular reading when the switch is closed? Or if it is shows open in the closed position it's defective.

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
When the button is pressed the switch should read continuity, when not pressed it should read open.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

One last question before I give you a very excellent rating. Is there a technique at removing the front cover to replace the switch?

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
The easy way to do this Drew is to open the door, Around the door seal there is a metal band holding the seal in place, you will have to pull the lip of the door seal out to see it, grab a screw driver, lever the metal band out then pull the door seal off the lip. Once off you can access the switch.

to get the seal back on feed it around the door lip until it's in place then put the metal band back.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Thanks Mike. I can order one locally and install it.

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
You should be able to get one at a local supplier, If not order it from the link I posted, it will be the quickest delivery time.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.