Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My Kenmore super capacity balanced drying system dryer with

My Kenmore super capacity balanced drying system dryer with moisture control keeps beeping 3 beeps and all lights are flashing. Im sure this is an error code but I bought it w/o an owner's manual. It doesn't seem to be drying either:(. The model # XXXXX XXXXX 880 42700
Please help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.
READING ERROR CODES1. Rotate cycle selector knob to the 3 O’clock position. 2. Press and hold the Select and Pause Cancel buttons simultaneously for six seconds. 3. Immediately after, press and hold the START and Pause Cancel buttons simultaneously for 4 seconds. 4. Rotate the cycle selector knob to the 2 O’clock position. The four indicator lights of Drying, Cool Down, Wrinkle Rid (Press Saver), and Clean Lint Filter will flash the number of times for the first digit of the code and the START indicator light will flash the number of times for the second digit. Take separate counts of each indicator light, then repeat to confirm in order to be accurate in identifying the proper error code. The code is obtained by counting the number of times the lights flash. Example E24: The four indicator lights would flash twice indicating the 2 and the START indicator light will flash four times indicating the 4. The four indicator lights and the START indicator light start flashing at the same time. The control will pause for 2 seconds, then repeat the code.

NOTE: A letter appearing in the code stands for a number higher than nine. A = 10 B = 11 C = 12 D = 13 E = 14 F = 15 Example Code E4A: the first digit would be 4 and the second digit would be 10. The four indicator lights would blink four times and the START indicator light would blink ten times. Troubleshoot the problem by using the chart below. To move on to the next code, press the OPTIONS button. To clear code, press the Select button. Code will be cleared when mode is exited. To exit this mode, simultaneously press and hold the Select and Pause Cancel buttons for six seconds

Let me know what code comes up
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No flashing lights came up...only the start button light flashed continually...could the previous beeping/flashing be a sign of overloading the dryer? I took some items out and now it seems to not be beeping or flashing and the dryer is drying the clothes.
It could have overheated and that code will come up when that happens. If it completes the cycle then it just overheated. I would check the vent and keep the loads a little lighter to prevent that in the future.
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.