Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert

I have a Whirlpool Duet front loader GHW9160pW4. I just changed

I have a Whirlpool Duet front loader GHW9160pW4. I just changed a leaking corrugated drain boot and forgot to put the big ping pong ball back in the boot. The washer is working just fine after a half dozen loads. Question should I go to the effort to put the ball back in or can I forget it? Comment - it may be a back flow preventer, but there is a hole passage way around the ball that does allow some flow around the ball under any circumstance.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today.. Its not necessary as long as you make sure all the pockets are clean and do clean loads //if it happens to act up ,you will know what the problem is wont affect the performance

Randy 43 :

they never had them in the previous models ,with very few issues