Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag 14 function washing machine that seems to be

I have a Maytag 14 function washing machine that seems to be out of time/sequence. It runs but when the control switch/dial is set on one function it either shuts off or goes into another function. I know that older machines could get out of time (much older). Is there some way to reset the control?
Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. give me a few minutes to bring up your model. please stand by. thanks , Bryan
okay got it. whats most likely the issue is the dial is on wrong or stripped, have you pull that off yet to take a look ? Knob Dial 22001660        Main Product View
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I have not pulled the dial off. The washer has been functioning properly up until today. I came hoem from church and my daughter said it seemed to be turning off when it should be running and doing the wrong function than the one it was set too. it will do all functions, just not in the position that the dial/switch indicates.

okay I see. so no one has touched or removed the dial as far as you know then correct ? you need to see if that dial is loose or moves by hand to see if it stripped. can you check that ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dial handle is not loose and it spins/turns freely when pulled up (operating position) and it clicks as if changing settings when pushed down. The function lights come on as to indicate that it is running/operation. i am not sure how to get the dial off. I tried pulling up on it carefully, but it did not come off.

okay if its tight and moves with the knob its fine, that's not really good news though it means the timer is bad, that's not a cheap part and I don't know how much you wish to spend on this washer , the timer is $126.00 heres a link to the part if you wish to replace it, TIMER
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks. Does the dial just pull off? I tried pulling slightly, but it did not come off.

on the knob you turn theres a cap . take a butter knife and pop the off its in the center of the gray knob the one you turn to set the wash, then theres a clip under it you remove.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks so much for your help. Have a great night

you too and your very welcome !