Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience
63955563

Have a Weaco CF 50 that the display reads 60 C and runs continuously

Have a Weaco CF 50 that the display reads 60 C and runs continuously which freezes entire contence. What factory default reset is needed as am in a remote area and have to try and get it running correctly? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Next to the pug there is a red sliding switch. You need to make sure it is not set into emergency mode. If so, it will run continuous causing to freeze things. Please let me know if this is the problem, or not for you....Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jason
No the sliding switch is set to the Normal position and appears to be functioning correctly

Ok, then you unit must have a faulty thermostat. Some have a thermostat, and some have thermistors. A thermistor is a little bulb (like a battery) with 2 wires coming from it. A thermostat will be a switch with a sensing bulb running from it. I believe yours has a thermistor. Here is the website for this item. I hope this information has assisted you. Please give a great rating if so. If not, please let me know....Thanks

http://www.way-cold.com/WaecoThermistors/singlewaeco.htm