Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE microwave.

I have a GE microwave. I turned it on and set the time. The microwave made noise and moved but it did not work. My product did not get hot. What is wrong with it? My model # XXXXX XXXXX 002. Marilyn XXXXX

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the microwave still looks and sounds like it's working, but it's just not heating--that means your magnetron has likely failed. The magnetron is the part that actually creates the microwave to heat the food and it commonly goes bad and rarely gives a warning. The part itself costs about $190 so depending on the condition of the microwave, it may be better to just replace the microwave rather than repair it. Below is a link to the magnetron you'd need ot order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for magnetron

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was informed this was a free trial and that I won't be charged $45.00 for answer. This seems like an excessive price to charge for a 5 minute

answer. Please do not charge my account as I am a senior citizen and

can't afford this fee.

Ok, have a nice day.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was charged $45.00 on 11-3-13 and $55.00 on 11-11-13 for memberhsip

I can't afford or need. Please credit me for those charges. As I said

before in another email. Then you tacked on another $55.00.

This is a scam and I am calling my bank to remove these charges.

Marilyn XXXXX

Unfortunately I'm not sure how the charges work but I'll send it to customer service to look at.