Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool duet sport drier that when go to turn it

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool duet sport drier that when go to turn it on it just beeps and doesnt start.
When it shut off prior to this the indicator light just showed a PF . How can I fix this
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you still select different cycles and options? Or will the control panel not turn on at all? Also, if you can select your cycle and press start, how many times does it beep at you when you press start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can change the cycles but when I try to start it it just goes beep beep and not turn on.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK how many times does it beep when you press start? 1, 2, or 3 times?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2 times.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so this means that the dryer doesn't think the door is shut, that is why it won't start. Open the door and push in on the door switch. Slide your finger off the switch so that it flings out. Do this a few times and see if that resets the switch. If that doesn't work, you either have a bad door switch or a bad control board. If you push in on the switch and you don't hear it click, you need a new door switch. If the switch is still clicking, you'd likely need a new control board (mounted above the dryer drum against the left side wall). Since you said it flashed "PF" before this problem happened (which means power failure), chances are the control board is going to be the part that has failed.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Very helpful and informative. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and good luck.