Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

kitchen aid DW model kude201xss4. clean light flashes 4 times,

kitchen aid DW model kude201xss4. clean light flashes 4 times, pauses then 4 times. if I open or close the door it beeps 15 times. what does that code mean? I have tried to do a reset diag, but have not found the right sequence to start the diag. What is the proper reset sequence and How do I repair this problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

OK so you need to see what error you're getting. Turn the dishwasher off. Chose any 3 buttons on the control panel. Press them in the following sequence, 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between each button push.

Watch the clean light. It will flash "X" amount of times, then pause 2 seconds, and flash "Y" amount of times, then pause 5 seconds and start over again.

Can you tell me how many times X and Y are please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok thanks it flashes 4 and then 1

OK so this is quite a bad error code unfortunately. It means that your circulation motor isn't running properly and there really isn't much you can do but to try and turn the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, then the circulation motor itself would need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

is this something i could purchase and replace myself? and what should i expect to pay for the part?

or is this something a professional needs to do?

If you're really handy you could, but it does require un-installing the dishwasher and tipping it on it's back to replace the part. The part number is W10328225 and it costs about $180 or so.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

thanks do you have a diagram, link or anything to assist me in doing it myself?

It is aprox 18 months old, I am surprised something like this happened

There isn't much that would help, but below is a link to the diagrams if that would help.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kitchenaid-Parts/Dishwasher-Parts/Model-KUDE20IXSS4/0593/0130000?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=KUDE20IXSS4

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

thanks

in the link it shows the part number you gave as the pump motor ...that is the same as the circ motor i am guessing.

can u send me a list of the error codes for my model dw?

That is correct. Unfortunately I can not send you a list of the error codes for your model because you need an authorized log-in password XXXXX view them and they can't be printed off.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

thanks

how do you get an authorized log-in pw?

You would need to be an authorized servicer---that is no an option for you I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

haha...ok thanks

I am not really wanting to order online, so how would I locate a kitchenAid parts dealer in my area so I could pick one up?(hopefully tomorrow as we have company coming in from out of town)

You would need to know of an appliance parts store in your area. Perhaps you can call a repair company in your area and see what parts companies there are if you don't know of one in your area. Also, if you have a Sears Parts and Service center in your area they should carry parts.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

thanks

I see the option for rate to finish...is that all I need to do to wrap things up with you? Or is there something else? Oh, and how will this appear on my cc stmt?

That is correct, you would rate to finish, but as far as what you'd see for billing I can't be certain. That's out of my scope of knowledge since I only can help you with fixing the dishwasher, but you can contact customer service and they should be able to tell you what you would see on your credit card statement.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?