Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

hello, my name is Gina. My 5 yr old dishwasher suddenly is

hello, my name is Gina. My 5 yr old dishwasher suddenly is acting up. the control panel is not responding to my touch. the buttons are lighting up randomly and the "start" button does not light up at all. last night I managed to get it to run after a 2 hour delay but it did not complete the cycle.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? The number you have listed is a part number and the full model would start with an "M" for Maytag and be located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Also, when the dishwasher stopped mid cycle last time, did any of the lights ever start flashing on the top? How is the control panel acting right now? Are you able to select or change any of the cycles or settings?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok the model # XXXXX XXXXX No lights we on at the end of the cycle. I only assumed the cycle didn't finish because the dishes did not dry. the buttons on the control panel do light up upon pressing ...sometimes but usually they stay off. Also, when they light up they light up in groups... normal wash, heated dry and hi temp wash together, and insta wash with delay wash.???

OK so it sounds like your touchpad itself is just failing unfortunately. If turning the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher didn't reset the issue, the touch control panel would need to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model and if you're handy, you can replace the part yourself because the part itself is all plug and play.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!