Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

we have water running down the side wall of the freezer from

we have water running down the side wall of the freezer from behind the ice maker. have defrosted the freezer and removed the ice catcher unit and dried the inside. what shouls i do next to prevent the water running down again ?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

It's very likely the fill tube that runs from the rear of the freezer to the ice maker is getting blocked up with ice, This causes the water to spray into the ice maker somewhat like when you put your finger over the end of a faucet. You would either need to completely defrost the unit for 24 hours in order for the fill tube to thaw or use a hair dryer aimed at the fill tube to thaw the ice. If this occurs again you will need to replace the fill tube.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX are correct. Will leave the door open and freezer OFF for 24 hrs.

Incidently a GE service man wanted $600 (without seeing the problem ) to come and replace something !!!!

Good luck

Have come across this problem many times.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Mike. We did exactly what you suggested. Now 3 days later there is no sign of a leak and we are starting to make good ice on a "5" setting.

Ok great, It was a pleasure helping you.