Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Have a kenmoore washer, I believe the problem is the lid swich.

Have a kenmoore washer, I believe the problem is the lid swich. How do I check the lid switch to determine if bad or not.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

If the machine will not spin, just goes dead when the machine reaches the spin cycle, the problem is almost certainly the lid switch.

The way to check this is to bypass the lid switch, Below I have included a video that will show you how to replace the lid switch, You should disconnect the switch at the wire harness, put a link in between the two outside wires (gray) then start a cycle, if the machine spins this is your problem.

Click here to view the video.

To order your replacement part>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike the video you sent does not answer my question, Can I check the switch with a ohm meter, And if so how do I do it.

Ok Tom as mentioned follow the video to the point where you disconnect the wire harness. Next test the two terminals on the lid switch on the outside (not the one in the middle) Press the lid switch down it should read continuity, it should read open when you don't press it, Generally when you remove the lid switch you will see it damaged.

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Tom,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,