Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.
So I too recommend Bosch, but Jenn Air is very nice as well just less reliable. As for deciding between regular glass surface and induction cooktops
, here are the key things you need to know the difference on so that you can determine if the price difference is worth it to you.
1. Standard electric cooktops are only 60% efficient while induction cooktops are 90% efficient. That means you save about 50% on electric bills when using the cooktop.
2. Some pans won't work ok inductions (all stainless steel or anything that isn't magnetic), but you can put a magnet on the bottom of the pan to determine if it will work or not to know for sure if your pots will work.
3. Standard tops will get red hot and things will burn on the cooktop, induction only heats the pan so residual heat from the pan will heat the glass, but never hot enough to burn or etch anything onto the cooktop so it will always look nice, clean, and new.
4. Induction cooktops are VERY expensive to repair and everything is sold in modules so any time you have a failure the part is usually $300-700 just for the part. Their reliability is not as good as standard cooktops either so keeping an extended warranty on an induction cooktop is definitely encouraged.
5. There is a cooling fan that comes on while an induction cooktop is running to keep the electronics cool, that generates noise where standard glass tops do not.
When all is said and done, I recommend the induction if you have the money to buy an induction. There is no particular model better or worse than others, but the brands is definitely important. I would recommend Bosch above all else and probably stay away from Viking. Jenn Air is probably one of the better ones as well but they are not as reliable so keep the extended warranty on them as long as you can if you get one.
Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!