Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands
41736587

My Maytag Centennial washer model MVWC400XW2 began making loud

My Maytag Centennial washer model MVWC400XW2 began making loud grinding noises when agitating. The spin cycle seems to be ok. When the drum is filling it seems to drop down.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 1 year ago.

Repairman1981 :

This is in your transmission box, it controls agitate and the drum really shouldn't ever drop. The outer drum is suspended by shocks if you mean the whole thing drops that is normal, if you mean the inner drum drops .... that's in the transmission and not normal

Repairman1981 :

The transmission is W10330039 and you can order it from 1-888-464-2853 or your welcome to google the part number.

Repairman1981 :

It's not super hard for you to install but It will take a special wrench to remove the tub. It's part number TB123A

Customer:

How much is a new transmission?

Repairman1981 :

You need to remove the agitator and take the nut off the drum ... I usually leave it intact. When you get the new transmission you will see how it bolts to the bottom. With that nut removed you should be able to drop it from the bottom without actually removing the case

Experience: 7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

Depends which market your in around 250