Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Hi. I have an older Kenmore washing machine that started leaking

Hi. I have an older Kenmore washing machine that started leaking abou a month ago. I had a repairman come over but he couldn't find a leak anywhere. It's a fairly slow leak. Do you have any idea what could be wrong?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me the model number from the sticker under the lid please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike. It says model # XXXXX

Ok the likely source of the leak is the pump, This is a very common problem and accounts for the slow leak that you cant find, The pump will generally start leaking in the seal where the motor shaft hooks up to the pump.

I have included a link below that will show you how to take the machine apart, follow it to the point where you remove the pump, at this point you can replace the pump.

Click here to view the video

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hI I gave you the wrong model #. It's(NNN) NNN-NNNN

It should be the same machine, this should be a direct drive washer Diane, check the pump this is your very likely source of the leak.

Thanks!

Mike.