Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience

I have a GE monogram refrigerator model ZIR36NMRH right hand.

I have a GE monogram refrigerator model ZIR36NMRH right hand. It seems that I have a setting of "9" for temp and I am only getting 50 degrees . Is this the range for the temp for this refrig or is something going wrong? The refrig was installed in a new home in Oct 2007.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

There is something wrong. Do you here the fan running in the fridge? If so, remove the top cover above the unit and see if the big black round compressor is running and the fan up there as well....Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the fan is running and the temperature within the refrig is 50 degrees but the setting is number 9. I think that the temperature should be much less at the setting of 9. I remember when the refrig was new that at a setting of 6or 7 soda within the refrig would get somewhat slushy. So I guess do I need a repair man to check this out?

Yes, it sounds like there is an issue with the compressor or Freon system. Be ready for a possible costly repair, depending on the issue. If just a relay on the compressor, then about a $200 repair, if Freon issue, $600+. If this information has assisted you, please give ma great rating for doing so....Thank you