Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Is there any way I can clean the glass on my oven it is a

Is there any way I can clean the glass on my oven it is a self cleaning oven. This stove is hard to cook on without something cooking over. Can the door be taken apart or will damage it? Or is there some other way to clean inside the glass?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're trying to get between the oven door glass, then the entire door needs to be pulled off and the door taken apart. If you open the door up all the way there is either a flip up locking tab on each hinge that you can rotate upwards so that the hinge locks out, or there will be a tiny hole that appears at the joint of the hinge which you can stick a small screw through to lock the hinge out. Once the hinges are locked out, just lift the door up to the broil position and pull it off the oven. Now you can remove the screws coming in from the top and bottom and the door will split apart so that you can clean between the oven door glass.