Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My nephew has a used Kenmore range model #(NNN) NNN-NNNNand

My nephew has a used Kenmore range model #(NNN) NNN-NNNNand he want to give it to me for my cabin in northern Quebec Canada. I do not have electricity there except 12 volts from a small solar panel. So, could you tell me if this range can operate without electricity or if it can be converted to operate for this use. Please send your anwer also to my email address that [email protected]

Thanks
Bernard.
This unit is going to require 120 volts, and 500 watts the entire time the oven is being used. This would drain a battery very quickly, considering that a small solar panel is usually less than 15 watts. You would still be able to use the cooktop without electricity though by using a match..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Chas for this answer. I want this range especially because I want to use the range. So I am used to work on propane equipement and appliances. Could you tell me if there i a way to bypass the lectronics like changing the the oven regulator or else. For the top I know that I could use a BBQ igniter but for the range I would not care to light it with a match or with the same igniter. Do you have an idea or suggestions for me

Bernard

You could possibly hook it up to a bbq ignitor for the cooktop, however you would need to do mass changing to the oven to make it work, you would need a thermocouple setup. Also you would need to change the electric powered temp probe to another type, you cost would be over $500 and Home depot I believe still sells on special order a camp stove with everything you need for under that... No electricity needed to operate it.

Click here