Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Dacor warming drawer. I cant seem to find how to

I have a Dacor warming drawer. I can't seem to find how to remove the drawer for cleaning. Help. Also have a Dacor range ER48D with blue LEDs to indicate which burners are on. Some of the LEDs are out, and a local appliance repair guy just threw up his hands. Suggestions?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So first, to remove the drawer, pull the drawer all the way out and look at the back of the rails. There is a plastic lever on the right and left rail at the back of the drawer and if you push up on one side and push down on the other rail lever the drawer will pull forward and completely out.

Now as for the blue LEDs failing, they are a real pain to access, but the LEDs fail all the time and the LED would need to be replaced. Below is a link to the indicator light and you'd need to order one for each light you'd need to replace.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/dacor-led-indicator-light-100950-ap3892722.html

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No plastic lever at the back of the drawer. There is a black plastic piece on each side at the front, but it they don't seem to release the drawer from the slides in any way.

You'll need to get the model number, but there should be a plastic lever on the the back, not on the drawer, on the rails. Either to the right and left of the drawer or BEHIND the drawer inside the rail.

Also on some models there is a plastic part up front which it sounds like your describing. You need to push in on the tab where the arrow is showing.

graphic

Once you push the tab in, the drawer should pull up and then forward.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You Rock!

Wife happy too.

Happy wife, happy life!

Thanks.

RM

Not a problem and I wish you only the best. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!