Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Whirlpool gas range/oven......SF378LEPS2, that has

I have a Whirlpool gas range/oven......SF378LEPS2, that has a gas valve with a broken shaft and needs to be replaced. I can get the correct valve, but I would like to know how to open the cooktop to get to the valve (this is a rental house we own, so I want to go there just one time to do the replacement).

Thank You,
XXXXX XXXXX
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Are you talking about the main oven valve?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry Mike....it is the left rear burner valve.

MJ

Ok you would take the covers and grates off the stove top, next remove the screws holding the burners in place, Once all the screws are out slide a putty knife in the gap between the front and the cook top about 3 inches from each end, Push the clips holding the top on. You can then lift the top up to get to the valve.

To change the valve pull the knob out, remove the screws behind the knob.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.