Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

My Maytag Centennial agitates while filling up all of a sudden,

My Maytag Centennial agitates while filling up all of a sudden, and now leaves clothes sopping wet after cycle. extra rinse is off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 8 months ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...If he washer agitates as it is filling this means the washers timer is faulty..The timer is part #7 on the diagram..Cost is $134.99..CLICK HERE FOR PART

graphic
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

ok. first opinion said it was a pressure switch. how big a deal is this to replace? does the timer have anything to do with the clothes still being soaking wet at the end of the cycle?

Yes the timer controls all of the functions of the washer..If you set the timer with the lid closed to spin..Does the washer spin..?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

yes it spins.

Ok Great if the washer starts filling after the spin cycle..(Which Would Explain Wet Items after the cycle) Then yes first replace the pressure switch..It is located inside the control panel
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

when i set the washer to spin. it does spin. and doesnt fill back up. it just seems like its not draining properly. There seems to be about a quarter inch of water that just doesnt drain.

Perfect..The water standing is due to the pressure switch...Replace the pressure switch and your problem will be solved...Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

ok then do i need to replace both the pressure switch and the timer. and do u have part numbers for those or should i just go to a dealer.

First remove the rubber hose from the side of the washers tub..Make sure the hose is not blocked with dirt Etc....If ok..Then yes replace the Switch.CLICK HERE FOR PART

Also I would hope that you do rate my answer to you at "OK" or better before leaving today as I have taken the time to help locate your problem..If you do have any further questions ..I will be standing by..Thank You Bob

Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair