Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Maytag MFI2568AES will no longer dispense ice and water,

My Maytag MFI2568AES will no longer dispense ice and water, this happened about a week ago. I also have had 2 instances of losing temperature in the refrigerator in the past several days. I suspect these issues are related to a circuit board.

My temp alarm is currently flashing, and the temperature display is alternating between 34 and 55, however the refrigerator feels to be cold inside. I have unplugged the unit for ten minutes, with no change in display.

Your previous post (http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/7taet-maytag-mfi2568aes-refrigerator-won-t-dispense-ice-water.html) seems to indicate that the door board needs to be replaced (part number 67006294), however my scenario is somewhat different, in that I am also losing temperature. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay I'm back, have you noticed any change in the way the fan sounds in the freezer when you have the spike it temp in the refrigerator section ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not that I have noticed. If anything it seems to not be running when the temp spikes.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Oh okay, So it seems to go silent ? that would be the main control board that causes that issue. Main Control Board 12920710        Main Product Viewand that will also affect the ice and water in the door , What happens is the main control is actually where the relays for the dispenser is. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! heres the link, Main control board, its located in the back of the refrigerator near the compressor in a box. hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Bryan, I appreciate the help.

One last question in regards XXXXX XXXXX part. The site you recommended has this part listed on backorder. I called the company and they have no means to determine when the backorder will be filled. Do you have any other recommended sites where I can purchase the part in stock?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Oh okay sorry, I didn't see that, Sears has it in stock and this link. order here sorry about that. Please remember to rate me three or above before signing off so I get credit for assisting you. thanks and have a great night, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.