Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Maytag MFI2568AES will no longer dispense ice and water,

My Maytag MFI2568AES will no longer dispense ice and water, this happened about a week ago. I also have had 2 instances of losing temperature in the refrigerator in the past several days. I suspect these issues are related to a circuit board.

My temp alarm is currently flashing, and the temperature display is alternating between 34 and 55, however the refrigerator feels to be cold inside. I have unplugged the unit for ten minutes, with no change in display.

Your previous post ( seems to indicate that the door board needs to be replaced (part number 67006294), however my scenario is somewhat different, in that I am also losing temperature. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated!
Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today.
Okay I'm back, have you noticed any change in the way the fan sounds in the freezer when you have the spike it temp in the refrigerator section ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not that I have noticed. If anything it seems to not be running when the temp spikes.

Oh okay, So it seems to go silent ? that would be the main control board that causes that issue. Main Control Board 12920710        Main Product Viewand that will also affect the ice and water in the door , What happens is the main control is actually where the relays for the dispenser is. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! heres the link, Main control board, its located in the back of the refrigerator near the compressor in a box. hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Bryan, I appreciate the help.

One last question in regards XXXXX XXXXX part. The site you recommended has this part listed on backorder. I called the company and they have no means to determine when the backorder will be filled. Do you have any other recommended sites where I can purchase the part in stock?

Oh okay sorry, I didn't see that, Sears has it in stock and this link. order here sorry about that. Please remember to rate me three or above before signing off so I get credit for assisting you. thanks and have a great night, Bryan