Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Microwave oven Model MMV4205BA Panel screen lights up power

Microwave oven Model MMV4205BA Panel screen lights up power level at 100 HI set time for cooking push start Everything seems to run OK but when done it has not done any heating Food is still cold. What am I doing wrong?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If everything sounds normal then it usually means that the magnetron has shorted. The magnetron is the part that actually produces the microwaves for the oven to heat. If it goes bad it will sound and act completely normal, it just won't heat. You will need to replace the magnetron if you want but I will warn you that the repair is not cheap. Most magnetrons cost about $100 for the part alone and they are not safe to change in the least as they can hold up to 3000 volts. If handled incorrectly, 3000 volts is actually enough to kill you.